When your baby clocks 1, you definitely will be happy. Do you know your baby also deserves to be happy? But how do you rate the bath time? Not so very fun, I hear you say; this story holds for almost all parents.
It's not about your baby wanting to stay dirty, but naturally, they are not comfortable when bathing. Hence, they need something to keep them active while bathing. Bath toys have been of help for many parents around the world when bathing their 1-year-old baby.
In this review, we will be helping you get the best bath toys for 1 year old, pointing out their features and things to consider before buying.
How Do You Make Bath Time Fun for a 1-Year-Old?
The options are endless when it comes to bathtime fun. The best bath toys will provide a fun distraction for kids as you help your little ones get squeaky clean. They also come in handy to encourage parent-child bonding.
The best baby bath toys can transform the whole experience, and playing in the tub using fun bath toys can help the baby get out that extra energy before getting to bed.
There is a good variety of fun squirt and water toys as well as interactive toys that can be suctioned right into the walls. Some toys will encourage educative play, and others will have fine motor skills and others are inspired by television characters.
What are the best bath toys 1 year old?
Buy on Amazon
Looking to bring home some of the favorite bath toys for toddlers? Here are the best bath toys or tub toys for 1-year-olds.
1. The First Years Disney Finding Nemo Baby Bath Squirt Toys
- COLORFUL BATH TOYS FOR TODDLERS: These interactive toys visually engage toddlers
- SQUIRT TOYS: Squirting action for baby bathtime fun
- COMPACT SIZE: Easy grip for little hands
- EACH PACK CONTAINS: 3 squirt toys - Nemo, Dory and Turtle
- SUITABLE FOR: Ages 6 - 18 months
Creating a splash in your baby's bathtub using The First Years Disney Finding Nemo Baby Bath Squirt Toys. These squirting sea characters allow the kids to learn how the different sea creatures differ in terms of color, shape, and size.
When they are done learning the different shapes and counting them, they can fill them up with water for a playful water fight. These interactive bath toys for toddlers will also visually engage the toddlers, and their compact size makes it easy to grip for the little hands. In addition, every pack comes with three squirt toys, including Nemo, Turtle, and Dory.
2. Munchkin Fishin-Bath-Toy
- Bath toy set contains (1) magnetic fishing rod and (3) underwater bobbing characters
- Characters float with magnets on top for easy fishing
- Characters are air tight, helping to limit mold and mildew
- Magnetic bobbers help develop hand eye coordination
- Suitable for little boys and girls 24 months and up; Care and cleaning: Rinse with warm water, wipe clean, hand wash, air dry
As one of the best baby bath toys for toddlers, the Munchkin Fishin-Bath-Toys allow you to bring fun into the tub. The set comes with a magnetic fishing rod and three underwater bobbing characters that float with magnets for easy fishing.
The bobbing of the fish creates happiness as the colorful little sea creatures float in the water. This way, your little one can work on their fishing skills using the magnetic rod. Although this is one of the favorite bath toys for toddlers, it is also suitable for 1-year-olds, but with supervision.
3. Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Bath Toy
- Includes 2 fun characters and 2 whirly toys that spin and rattle; you may receive a turtle and penguin or duck and whale
- Each bubble helps stimulate baby's sense of sight, hearing and touch
- Textured rings move freely around the bubbles
- Bubbles float in water
- 4 plus months
The Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Bath Toy for 1-year-old features a set of four bubble toys that are great fun toys for young kids. Every bubble toy in the set floats on water and bounces around to create a fun distraction for your baby and enhance the experience during bathtime.
Furthermore, the plastic exteriors on the bubble toys can easily be disinfected for safer use. This set contains two fun characters and two whirly toys that rattle and spin. These pieces come in handy to stimulate the baby's sense of hearing, touch, and sight.
4. Spin Master Paw Patrol Figure Set 6 Piece
- Paw Patrol miniature figures, individually packaged, set of 6 miniature figures includes: Rubble, Chase, Skye, Zuma, Rocky and Marshall
- Take Paw Patrol mini Pups in your pockets everywhere you go!
- Paw Patrol miniature figures measure approximately 1 -3/4 inches in height.
- Re-enact favorite scenes from the TV show and use your bravery, teamwork skills and imagination to go on a rescue mission with the paw Patrol!
The Spin Master Paw Patrol tub toy features a set of six paw patrol bath toys. It allows your child to have a blast filling up the puppies with water and squeezing them as you try to distract them from the bathtime routine.
This set of bath toys for toddlers includes Chase, Zuna, Skye, Rubbie, Marshall, and Rocky to ensure the fun experience never has to end. Furthermore, if you have a birthday party for your kids, then these water toys make an excellent paw patrol birthday gift for the kids.
5. Skip Hop Zoo Pull & Go Submarine Baby Bath Toy
- Take our underwater adventurer for a ride in the tub. Just pull the string to wind the propeller and set the sub in motion. A fun way to learn cause and effect!
- Encourages motor skills while teaching floating and sinking
- Age 12m+
- Size (inches): 4.5l x 3w x 3.75h; (cm): 11l x 8w x 10h
What better way to entertain your little one other than the actions of this Skip Hop Zoo Pull & Go Submarine Baby Bath Toy. It helps improve fine motor skills by pulling the string towards the wind. The propeller will push the floating seaplane or submarine zipping across the baby bathtub.
It creates a fun way for the child to learn about cause and effect. It is phthalate-free, which means it is safe for small kids to use. However, children under 1 year of age may require supervision while using this toy.
6. 3 Bees & Me Bath Toy for Boys and Girls
- BEST VALUE - Why pay extra for separate toddler bath toys when you can get this most popular 4 boats in 1 playset deal today?
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT - bathtime toys kids will play with and love you for! For every preschool boy or girl
- PERFECT SIZE FOR LITTLE HANDS - these toy boats are easy to grip, BPA Free and built to last!
- EDUCATIONAL - Fun new way to learn about colors and numbers; enhances motor skills and imagination
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Order today. All 3 Bees and Me toys are 100% Risk Free. 60 Day Return. We stand behind our bathtub toys!
Your 1-year-old baby deserves a perfect and unique bath time gift, and this is one of the very best. It offers them endless fun and educational advantage, making it the best toy they can have. The size is perfect for your baby's hand, no matter their age.
The value the bath toys offer is unmatched as it delivers 4 boats in 1 playset for you. In addition, since the baby toy is BPA, Phthalate, and lead-free, it is the safest you can get for your baby.
7. Comfylife 2*Mesh Bath Toy Organizer
- NO MORE MOLDY TOYS! Our super strong mesh net makes for the ideal bath toys organizer because the netting is specially spaced so that plenty of air can circulate while all the water drains out. Your kids’ toys will stay dry and clean – not all slimy and wet!
- POWERFUL SUCTION CUPS + FREE REPLACEMENTS: Unlike some of the other bathroom organizer nets, we include 6 super strong suction cups instead of just 4. Our suction cups 'lock" once you move the hook down so your bath storage net will stay stuck to the wall without constantly falling off! To ensure the BEST SUCTION possible, please just make sure the surface is FLAT and EVEN. Plus we include 4 DOUBLE SIDED replacement suction pads so you can hang the net ANYWHERE!
- UNBEATABLE VALUE BUNDLE! Not only do you get the best possible quality mash nets, we also include fun & educational Alphabet bath toys. These baby bath letters include 26 floating letters (A-Z) and 10 floating numbers (0-9). The educational letters and numbers stick to tub walls when wet And are made from soft, non-toxic foam
- MULTI-USE ORGANIZER: This is the bathroom storage and organization solution you’ve been waiting for! The large pocket is perfect for kids’ toys (it holds a ton!) and the second organizer has a pouch and 3 pockets for soap, shampoo and more. Then you can use keep the toothbrushes & toothpaste in the cute holder (electric or normal toothbrushes) – Your child will love it and your bathroom will be kept looking neat and clean, all the time!
- AND IF YOU DON’T LOVE IT, YOU DON’T PAY! As a small business, we want to make sure all our customers are totally happy with their products. So if you are less than 100% satisfied, for any reason, we offer a FULL money back refund or replacement – anytime, no question asked
This bath toy comes with 6 ultra-strong hooks and 36 bath letters and numbers. The manufacturing process makes use of Eco-safe products that are perfectly safe for your baby, and they are also soft and non-toxic.
The educational advantage of the toy is also unmatched, making it the right option for you to make use of any time. In addition, the design of the fun toy net help prevent the growth of mold, adding to the safety of the toy.
8. Munchkin Falls Toddler Bath Toy
- 1 cup for scooping and pouring over the toys
- 3 distinct toys adhere to the bathtub wall using suction cups
- Set up toys vertically for a chain reaction when water is poured from the top
- Mix up toys' positions on the wall for even more fun
- Suitable for little boys and girls 12 months and up
The toy comes with a cup for scooping water and pouring over the toys. The strong suction cup makes it easier for the three distinct toys to adhere to the bathtub wall. Two have spinner wheels which help improve the ability of the toy to float in water.
The cup can be arranged vertically and poured over to give the experience of a little waterfall. Since the material is constructed with eco-friendly material, it is the best option you can lay your hands on for your baby.
9. Green Toys Submarine in Yellow & blue
- Safe Watercraft: this pool toy is made using 100% earth friendly material like plastic milk jugs. It contains no BPA, Phthalate and is PVC safe. It meets FDA standards to offer safety even when your toddler happens to lick it
- Easy to clean: the toddler toy can be conveniently cleaned. Cabin of this submarine toy can be opened for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe. This toy can be easily cleaned using baby soap or a shampoo
- Pool Playing Toy Use: this water toy will help your kids or toddlers explore the terrain at the bottom of their tub. It will also help them enjoy their nautical journey. Wide mouth opening will allow the kids to enjoy scooping and pouring
- Toy Submarine Features: pool toy highlights a spinning rear propeller with flat bottom to offer stability. It features a classic handle that will help your kid to maintain a strong grip that may also help in improving their pincer grip
- Earth Friendly Packing: even the packing has been done using earth friendly materials. It is packed using recycled materials and printed using soy inks — a crucial step towards safety of environment
Another one of the best bath toys for 1 year old is this deep tub diving submarine. The Green Toys Submarine in Yellow & blue is made to explore what is under the 3-foot high layer of bubbles.
It is a sturdy toy made from 100% earth-friendly materials such as recycled milk jugs. It also comes with a back propeller that ensures it pushes it through the water for a great Scuba Steve experience.
10. Yookidoo Bath Toy - Submarine Spray Station
- Eco-friendly. The Submarine Spray Station caters to kids’ and toddlers' love of running water by spraying bath water using its unique circulating water pump (CWP).
- Water Is Drawn Through The Submarine To The Diver Shower Head Creating A Safe, Steady Stream.
- Directing The Water Flow Into One Of The Two Funnels causes a chain reaction that includes funneling, spinning, and spraying, turning the tub into an ocean wonderland.
- Encourages Independent Play, Exploration and experiment During Bath Time.
- Designed especially for easy grip and activation by small hands. Batteries Not Included.
With the Yookidoo Bath Toy - Submarine Spray Station, your kid will have incredible fun, such that it will be difficult to get them out of the tub with this bath toy. It features a circulating pump system that attaches at the bottom of the tub, drawing water up into the toy showerhead through the submarine.
It allows your kid to generate a chain reaction of water-filled effects by pointing the water into the funnel. For example, if you have a number of small kids who take a bath together, then they can take turns in spraying the water from the toy to each other.
However, you want to ensure that there is a towel at the edge of your bathtub in case of any wayward sprays.
11. Boon Jellies Suction Cup Bath Toys
- Baby Bath Toy Set: 9 colorful jellyfish bath toys
- Unique Bathtime Fun: Stack, link and build fun shapes and structures
- Fun Bath Toys for Older Babies: Jellyfish toys suction to the wall for bathtime fun
- Made without BPA
- Recommended age: 12M+
The Boon Jellies Suction Cup Bath Toys features nine jelly bath toys that will ensure your little one stays occupied during bath time. These jellies or suction cups will not only stick to the wall but can also stick to other jellies that come in the set.
Kids will enjoy arranging these baby bath toys to create a pattern with different colors. Furthermore, the tub toys can also act as stacking cups by stacking up on top of one another, which helps the kids learn how to group the same colors together.
12. Green Toys My First Tug Boat
- Water fills hull and pours from spout
- Floats great
- Safe for babies fun for older kids
- Made in the USA from recycled milk jugs
- English (Publication Language)
Searching for the best bath toy for a 1-year-old is an option to explore. The toy is made from a 100% recycled milk jug in the USA. It is extremely safe for your baby. The toy comes in different color combinations like blue, red, and yellow.
The sturdy design makes it easier for the toy to float inside the water with ease. In addition, the design makes it easy to clean the toy after use. To top it all, the toy is both BPA and Phthalate safe.
13. Munchkin Mermaid Swimming Bath Toy
- Includes (1) pink mermaid swimming bath toy
- Pull on the mermaid crown to make fins flap
- Easy for little hands to operate
- Play Patterns: Action + Reaction; Hand + Eye Coordination
- 18+ months
This is a great toy for your 1-year-old as it adds more fun to bath time. Its size fits perfectly into the hands of your 1-year-old, making it easier to grasp and operate. The fin of the toy flaps easily without being powered by a battery.
This toy is great for improving your 1-year-old hand-eye coordination and overall growth. The play pattern of the toy involves the combination of action and reaction for its overall operation.
14. Ubbi Squeeze and Switch Silicone
- COLORFUL AND SOFT TRIO: three, soft, silicone, friendly looking critters – blue penguin, yellow pufferfish, and red octopus
- SQUEEZE AND SQUIRT: easily fill toys with water to have endless fun as little ones squeeze and squirt water out of the hole
- TWIST OPEN AND CLOSE: colorful tops and bottoms can be opened and closed making them interchangeable for various mixing-and-matching options
- DISHWASHER-SAFE: open to let dry after use and wash on the top rack of the dishwasher on a regular basis
- SAFE: safe and free of BPA, PVC, and Phthalates
This is a Mold free bath toy suitable for toddlers and babies of 1-year-old and above. The toy is dishwasher safe making it easier for you to clean the toy after use.
The variety of eye-catching colors and designs are meant to improve your baby's sensory strength leading to better hand-eye coordination. In addition, the construction material made use of BPA-free, PVC-free, and Phthalate free material, making it safe for your babies.
15. Green Toys Rescue Boat with Helicopter
- Made in the USA
- 100% recycled plastic
- This 4 piece set comes with the Rescue Boat, Helicopter, Captain Duck character and Pilot Bear character
- Dishwasher Safe
Looking for an eco-friendly toy that provides plenty of fun bath time opportunities? The Green Toys Rescue Boat with Helicopter is another big hit when it comes to the best bath toys for babies and toddlers.
Made from recycled milk jugs, the helicopter, captain, pilot, and rescue boat allows kids to start on their own search and rescue mission. It can also be used in the kid's pool once the weather warms up. It includes a dishwasher-safe set that includes four pieces to prevent soap scum and mold from building up. Moreover, the toys can be torn apart to be easily air-dried.
16. WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Official - Bath Toy Bundle
- Includes the Baby Shark Bath Basketball net with 3 colorful balls, 3 Bath Squirt Toys, and 8 Bath Time Stickers.
- Bath Basketball net easily suctions to a bathtub, tile, or glass and includes 3 colorful floating bath basketballs.
- Bath Time Stickers are made of soft, lightweight foam that sticks to most bathtubs, tile or glass when wet. They float too!
- Bath Squirt Toys squirt and spray water for the perfect bath time fun!
- STORE EASILY: Includes a mesh net with suction cups to store toys and hang them to dry when bath time is over.
The WowWee Pinkfong Baby Shark Bath Toy Bundle features a set of brightly colored and cheerful sharks that swim in the water. These water squirting sharts should be far from the jaws but will come in handy to entertain your little one during bath time.
With this toy, your own baby shark wouldn't want to get out of the tub, especially if you add the stickers and suction cup basketball.
17. MOLUK Plui Rain Cloud Tub Toy
- A charming and smart bath toy with a touch of magic; fill it with water, let it rain and then stop the flow with a touch of a finger to the top hole
- Simple physics, simply fascinating; illustrates the cycle of water and turns kids into little rain makers
- Made from the highest quality ABS, a hidden mechanism in the Plui Cloud allows parents to open it for easy cleaning; no mess, mold or mildew
- Helps develop motor skills, understanding of cause and effect, stimulates curiosity, imagination and the senses
- For ages 2+
The MOLUK Plui Rain Cloud Tub Toy provides an intense giggle-fest, so you better be bringing this toy home. This way, the kids can have a good time squeezing this water-filled toy and watching the rain-like streams come out of the base of the cloud.
Moreover, it allows your little physicists to learn more about controlling the pressure as they are trying to release water slowly, faster, or none at all.
18. Playahoy Floating Bath Toys for Boys and Girls
- Bath ring ducks are a perfect playful bath toy. It consists of three connecting tubes with three rubber ducks. The color and print is playful and exciting. The pieces float and they’re all fun to play with. This will quickly become your kid’s bath time toy.
- Develops fine motor skills. Connect the three tubes and place the ducks onto the tubes. It’s a good source for color coordination, and a way to develop fine motor skills and hand eye coordination.
- Safety certification. The duck tubing toy is non toxic and lead free. It conforms to ASTM and CPSC standards. They are firmly sealed, so no water gets into the rings, and they stay mold free.
- Gift. Kids enjoy this toy in all situations, at home, bath time or in the pool, it keeps the kids busy for hours. A useful toy with nicely decorative packaging equals a wonderful gift.
Like the classic backyard game of ring toss, the Playahoy Floating Bath Toys for Boys and Girls brings the ring toss game to the bathtub. If your kids love viewing the bath time as the pre-sleep turn-up hour, they will enjoy tossing the rings as they watch them land on the floating base.
On the other hand, if your toddlers or kids love to chill out in the tub during bath time, they can easily stack up the rings on the base.
19. MoraBaby Baby Bath Stacking Cups with Organizer Bag
- Colorful Baby Toys: Bright colors and fun shapes stimulate baby's senses and stacking toys can help improve babies' hand-eye coordination.
- Stacking Toys: Children love to fit toy cups together, stack them up, turn them over or nest them inside each other.
- Simple Cognitive Patterns: Our toys are prepared for your baby's early education with multiply catalogies including animal, numbers, weather, etc. They are included in each stacking cups, helping boay to expand new horizons.
- Bath and Beach: Make waves in the tub or take these nesting cups to the beach. Just sink these cups or animal balls into water and take them out, water will flow out in different ways. It can also use to build towers and sandcastles on the beach.
- No More Moldy Toys: A 15.5 x 14 inches high quality toy organizer bag with strong suction cups and square sticker hooks are Included. Just leaving your baby’s toys dry and clean.
The MoraBaby Baby Bath Stacking Cups allow you to stack them up, pour water with them, or turn them upside down to see them float in water. These stacking cups encourage your kids to use their hand-eye coordination as they dump water from one of these cups to another.
Every cup features differently shaped holes at the bottom to create a variety of water streams and ensures hours and hours of fun during bath time. It also comes with a storage bag to store the cups once the kid is done with using them.
20. ToyerBee Bath Toys and Tub Toys
This is a flower waterfall bathtub toy that has a very strong suction cup suitable for both toddler and baby use. Knowledge of simple mechanical movement can be learned from the toy that turns as your baby pour water inside.
This toy is also very safe for your babies since it carries smooth designs and has no burr. The construction process made use of environmentally friendly materials that are non-toxic, odorless, and free of BPA. The toy has a three-year warranty attesting to its authenticity.
What Should You Consider Before Choosing the Best Bath Toys For 1-Year-Old?
Since you are concerned about the safety of your baby, not just all bath toys will be perfect for them. Hence, below are some important criteria you must consider before making your choice.
1. Age Recommendation
This is the first thing you should check when you see a bath toy you love. Immediately you realize it's not appropriate for your baby, don't buy the toy. Every toy has an age recommendation; if you use the wrong product, your babies might be in danger. If you have a 6-month-old kid, you want to ensure you get the right bath toys for the specific age,
2. Sensory Experience
Your 1-year-old is still growing, and all things that are coming their way should be contributing positively to their growth. Hand-eye coordination, visual and audio enhancement is important part of your baby growth that you should be concerned about.
Getting bath toys for toddlers that helps improve the hand-eye coordination and sensory experience is the best option for you and your babies.
3. Educational Values
Learning starts from an early age, and it will continue until one grows old. So, it is important at an early age to provide your baby with toys that help assist their educational growth. Look for tub toys they may like to come across in school or in their creche. This will make learning easier for them.
Ensure the material used for the production of the toy are safe and that the toy has no pointed, rough, or breakable edges. When it comes to safety, it is also important to consider the cleaning part. You want to ensure that your toddler is not eating germs. Getting a dishwasher-safe toy makes cleaning easy.
Importance of Baby Bath Toys in Your Bath Time Routine
Bathing should be fun for your kids, and the best toys that can be used on warm water ensure the kids get a fantastic experience. Apart from fun, here are some other advantages of using bath toys in your bath time routine;
- Bath toys or tub toys provide a learning space for the kids to discover and learn new things during bath time.
- These toys allow for multisensory exploration as using water and toys is the best way to teach them about the different senses.
- Some toys will help with fine motor skills as it teaches them fundamental skills like cause and effect as well as hand-eye coordination.
- Some toys will boost art and creativity by allowing the kids to create their own artwork and patterns.
- Most of the favorite bath toys feature easy cleaning and air dry which means the mom can always wash and reuse them.
Before going through this review, you had worries. But we are sure your worries have been addressed. This review has discussed the important criteria to watch out for when making decisions on buying the best bath toy for your 1-year-old.
The Munchkin Mermaid Swimming Bath Toy is the cheapest one to go for. However, if we drop the price for versatility, the best option you have is the YMS 21Pcs Baby Bath Toy that offers your baby both educational and sensory advantages.
The best bath toys for 1 year can be picked from any of the reviewed products above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Bath Toys
1. Can a 1-year-old child take a bath?
Yes, a 1-year-old child can comfortably take a bath. However, it is important always to stay cautious. First, never put your child or toddler when the water is still running.
This is because the water temperature could easily change as the water is running, or the water could become too much or too deep. Additionally, avoid shampoos, soaps, and bubble baths as they could be very drying your child's skin and could potentially cause rashes.
2. What's the most popular bath toy?
The most popular bath toy in the market today is The First Years Disney Finding Nemo Baby Bath Squirt Toys which feature three sea creatures with different shapes, colors, and sizes to ensure the kids stay entertained throughout the bath time.
3. Are bath toys bad for babies?
Some bath toys can be bad for babies as they could potentially introduce dangerous bacteria that could make your child ill, and also, it can be a dangerous choking hazard. As a result, it is vital to consider bath toys that are 100% safe for kids to use but also ensure the kids use them while someone is supervising them.
4. How can I make my baby's bath more enjoyable?
Apart from using the best bath toys for toddlers or kids, there are some other tips you can use to make bath time even more enjoyable, including;
- Stick to a specific routine
- Use a bath pillow
- Bathe the kids when well fed
- Distract them sing songs or a conversation
- Be careful of the air and water temperature
- Add a mirror to the bath station.
- Introduce different textures
- Make the water foamy and with bubbles.