On the lookout for the best programmable robot kit for beginners? Aptly called robot kits, these mesmerizing educational toys are actually popular in the market since the 70s– only they’re too expensive for the masses to appreciate.
Fast-forward today, Robo kits seem to flood the market as technological innovation continues to improve and they’re a lot cheaper, too. But what makes these learning toys excellent for child development? Are they effective? Where can one find the best robot kits?
Guide to Build-Your-Own Robot Kits For Your Kids
Robot Kits + STEM
There is more to develop in a growing child than you can ever imagine. When thinking of introducing your kids or students (if you’re a teacher) to Science and Technology, Engineering, and Math (or STEM for short), programmable robot kits are the best way to go.
These exciting packs offer educational experience and discovery to all ages in a fun learning environment. To young ones, these kits can improve fine motor skills, cognitive function, cause and effect, creativity and imagination, and so much more.
Programmable robot-kits introduce kids as young as toddlers to understand the concept of robotics and how technology can affect our daily lives. It’s a known fact that technology continues to be a dominating force in the century and will remain so in the years to come.
By introducing kids on how to hone their skills in assembly and design as well as in programming, the idea of making their own robots from scratch will not only boost self-esteem and confidence but also allows them patience, diligence, and fortitude. Most importantly, robot-kits done in groups will widen a child’s perspective on the value of teamwork, camaraderie, and communication.
Best Selling Robo-Kits
With such astounding benefits, introducing the best programmable robot kits for beginners to your own child or to your students is only fitting. To get you started, these bestselling robot-kits come highly recommended.
1. Robolink 11-in-1 Programmable Robot Kit
First in line is the Robolink 11 in 1 Programmable Robot Kit. A must-have for beginners learning the area of robotics, this kit is an excellent pack to learn STEM, basic electronics and programming (Arduino).
What makes this kit unique is that it allows a child to explore 11 different robot types such as rubber band gun robot, line following robot, edge-detection robot, interactive game robot, and many more. No soldering required, it is easy to wire and guarantees zero-risk assembly.
Here’s an excellent video presentation on how to assemble and operate your Robolink for the first time.
Now, your child can create a monkey bot, Sumo bot, mouse bot, trailer bot or bug bot in no time.
2. CIRO Solar Robot Kit
- 12-in-1 Solar Robot Kit: This solar robot kit could be built into 12 different shapes of robots. It is composed of 190 pcs, including moving and connecting parts like gears, plates, tires, and shafts. Kids can easily disassemble them after the building each robot.
- Clear Instructions: Kids could complete the building by following the instruction manual step by step. We recommend parents and kids work together to finish the first robot building while enjoying the process of family collaboration.
- Solar Powered Eco-friendly Toys: Excellent STEM robot for the next generation to begin to understand solar power. It can crawl, roll and float under direct sunlight which allows children to understand the environmental concept of green technologies and renewable resources.
- Educational Gift for Ages 7-12: By assembling and building different solar robots from simple level to complex, this STEM toy not only develops the mechanical skills of your little engineers but inspires their imagination and creativity. It is a great educational gift for children.
- Satisfactory Service: CIRO offers a wide range of toys and kits from STEM to crafts. We highly value customer feedback and provide 90-day free return policy.
Another popular choice in the DIY robot-kit market is the CIRO Solar Robot Kit. Still sporting the same level of learning for STEM, programming, assembly and design, basic electronics, and the likes, this Bluetooth version robo kit comes with two robots and extra wheels so one can build either a line follower robot or a robot Jeep– which one can control in a downloadable app via embedded microchip sensor.
It boasts of easy-to-learn Scratch&Arduino programming complemented with drag-and-drop visual graphics software WeeCode, it allows young interested minds to explore various control mechanism of physical objects via sensors. Still, no soldering required, it’s safe and mind-blowing. Here’s an excellent video presentation on how to assemble and operate your CIRO Solar Robot Kit for the first time.
Beyond Skill Building
Without a doubt, these kits offer the best STEM lessons. But going beyond skill-building, robotics actually help stimulate a child’s capacity to handle certain situations that call for leadership skills particularly in the decision-making department. Definitely, this is one learning piece of “robot toy” that you shouldn’t miss. Warning: Keep in mind though that some of these kits contain small parts making them not suitable for very young kids.