A couple of years ago, electric scooters became an overnight sensation, providing fun to children of all ages. The best electric scooter for kids is easy and safe to use when covering short distances. Thankfully, you will not have to spend a fortune to get one, and your kids will not miss out.
When purchasing the best scooter for your kids, you may feel a bit reluctant, which is completely acceptable. There is nothing much to worry about, considering most manufacturers guarantee that these gadgets are safe for kids. We have rounded up the five best electric scooters for kids, along with a very detailed buying guide to help make an informed decision.
1. Razor Power Core E90 Razor Electric Scooter
Razor electric scooters are made from a well-known brand with a good reputation for designing durable razor scooters. Power Core e90 electric razor scooter is one of the best electric scooters that are in the market today. It is a great choice for kids who ride around in parks. With a great kickstand, the Power Core E90 will be great for on and off riders.
The scooter has a battery that charges for 8 hours ride time, making it a fast and convenient option. This powerful motor features a push control button that will make it easy for the kid to learn how to control speed and ride. It also has a twist grip model to make learning much easier. The scooter has a hand brake operated from the front part and gives a smooth and quick.
This model utilizes a robust high torque hub motor with a 12V battery that gives the rider a smooth ride.
2. Gotrax GKS Electric Scooter for Kids
Gotrax GKS Electric Scooters for Kids are the best because you can use them as electric or kick scooters. They provide a safe ride to the younger kids making it even easier for them to learn and master. They come with six-inch solid rubber tires that take in vibrations while riding.
The slowly and smoothly hastens using an assisted motor; you're supposed to lift your foot from the gravity sensor if you want to slow down. These kids' electric scooters and kick scooters are more suitable for kids from the range of 6 up to 12 years old and a weight limit of 154 pounds. The GKS kick scooter is easy to set up and use, making it a must-have kid scooter.
The GKS Kids scooter for kids comes with a 50. 4Wh Li-Battery, 150w Motor and Aircraft-Grade Metal & V0 Fire Deck with all its units having passed specific criteria. Most kids love this model for the unique, attractive design and different colors for both girls and boys with this electric or kick scooter.
3. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style Scooter
- European Flair and American Design – A vintage-inspired electric scooter for riders age 13 and up, with a maximum weight of 170 lbs (77 kg)
- Authentic Styling – With its padded seat, twist-grip throttle control, and hand-operated brake, the Pocket Mod provides a scaled-down Euro-style scooter that looks and feels like the real thing
- Electric-powered Fun – The high-torque, chain-driven motor boasts speeds up to 15 mph (24 km/h) with up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time on a single battery charge
- Built-in Storage and Stability – The secret storage compartment under the seat makes it easy to carry your essentials with you, and the dual kickstand keeps everything upright
- Color Match Your Style – With many color variations available, personalize your ride with the shade that best suits your vibe
Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style is the best ride on Scooter, especially for young girls. It is carefully designed to look like the real vintage thing with a European and American mix and flat and padded seats.
The Pocket Mod Miniature has high-end performance and 12 inches (305 mm) wheels with a rear tire that allows your kids to ride comfortably and smoothly. The scooter reaches top speed faster and continues there on a cruise control option and can reach up to 15 miles per hour.
Additionally, the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style electric scooter features a retractable kickstand, a built-in battery, and variable-speed acceleration. On top of that, the scooter also has a twist-grip throttle and hand brake to speed it down, especially on slopy areas.
4. Hover-1 Switch 2 in 1 Electric Scooter and Skateboard for Kids
- ELECTRIC SCOOTER & SKATEBOARD - Switch effortlessly between a scooter and skateboard with the Hover-1 Switch 2-in-1 Electric Scooter & Skateboard for kids. It features a 90W brushless motor with enough torque to get up inclines of up to 5 degrees
- EASY LOCK & RELEASE MECHANISM - The scooter features a lock and release function that allows you to detach the handle and the front LED wheel without any tools. Just attach the front wheels (included) and your skateboard will be ready to ride
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY - A high-volt battery drives the high-powered motor to bolster a good speed and smooth ascent over inclines. The 25.2V Lithium-ion battery (certified) fully charges in 2.5 hours, or distances of 2.5 miles on one hour of charging
- WE TAKE SAFETY SERIOUSLY - The hoverboard sends alerts if you are speeding or riding on unsafe surfaces so you can slow down and avoid mishaps. LED headlights on both sides of the board for additional visibility during night time riding
- FUN FOR KIDS AND TEENS - Whether you are zipping around the campus, or roaming the neighborhood, this fun joy ride means hours of fun with friends and family, or a quick and enjoyable way of getting to places, indoors and outdoors
The Hover 2 in 1 is the best electric scooter for kids with a weight limit of 132 pounds, a maximum speed of 7 miles per hour, and a range of 6 miles. It is uniquely designed to function as a scooter and a skater with just a button press. The perfect thing is that you can ride it as a scooter or a skateboard, making it perfect for parents with two kids of the same age range with different hobbies.
The electric scooter and skateboard are available in different colors with Led lights on the wheels. Another great thing is that the scooter is adjustable to different heights, which can be shared among kids of different heights.
This model has more power than other scooters and has disc brakes to quickly and swiftly slow it down or stop. It also has a bit in battery system and an IPX4 water resistance system.
5. Segway Ninebot eKickScooter ZING E8 and E10, Electric Kick Scooter
- The New Sensation for Big Kids! With a powerful motor of 150W, the Segway E10 kids electric scooter can reach to 10 mph, travel up to 6.3 miles, accommodate a max load of 132 lbs and suitable for kids and teens with the height of 4'3''-5'3''.Patented Anti-skid Tubeless Tires
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: E10 is equipped with a high-performance handbrake system, which also has the EBS energy recovery brake function.Rear fender also has a brake function. Front wheels are equipped with a spring damping systemfor a smoother ride.
- Lightweight and Foldable: The body is slim and light, easy to fold and weighing only 18.7 lbs (8.5kg). It is a combination of design and portability when folded, the whole vehicle is very compact, easy to carry, and convenient to store in the trunk.
- New Electric Boost Riding Mode: Come and try a new way of riding kickscooters! Simply kick to start, the scooter will continue to glide without needing to press the throttle! The harder you kick, the faster the acceleration.
- Warranty: Designed for Big Kids, the Segway Ninebot E10electric scooter is a perfect mobility companion for big kids. One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts. Please refer to warranty information and contact us if you have any problems
Segway Ninebot eKickScooter ZING E8 and E10, Electric Kick Scooter is the best electric scooter for kids since it has a sturdy motor of 150W and can reach up to a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour. It can accommodate a max weight capacity of 132 pounds and is mostly suitable for older kids' age range.
Kids can ride on the scooter with a high hand brake system that ensures it smooth and fast. The front wheel has a spring damping to give the rider a comfortable ride. The best feature of this scooter is that it is foldable and light and is easy and convenient to carry around.
The Segway Ninebot E10electric scooter is a comprehensive mobility comrade for older kids.
What to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Electric Scooter For Kids
1. Child's Age
The age and size of your child will greatly influence the type or kind of kids' electric scooter you will purchase. The guidebook from most manufactures will indicate the age limit and maximum weight limit for the electric scooters.
Buying the best electric scooter for kids as per age will ensure that they function perfectly and help greatly improve your kid's riding skills.
Safety for the kid riding on an electric scooter is paramount. Every parent needs to ensure that there are several dangers associated with using a scooter. Therefore, the parents should get protective gear that the child will use alongside the electric scooter.
Ensuring that the kid has a helmet, guard, knees, wrists, and elbows each time they ride is also very important. It would be best to teach your kids the road safety rule, especially the older kids who will likely use roads that are usually used by cars and pedestrians. But it will be okay to teach safety for kids that ride around the local park too.
Scooters will often come with functional brakes, bells, and light to enhance safety. Ensure you will get your kid a scooter that will be easy to use; this means the rider will have an easy time starting it and comfortable riding it. A twist-grip throttle, fully functional brakes, and the right-sized wheels will also boost safety.
3. Braking System
Checking the brake system of kids' electric scooters is crucially important because it will ensure improved safety. The scooters usually are available in two main forms; a hand brake and a rear foot brake.
The hand brakes mainly function by squeezing the hand lever like the bicycles' hand brake. On the other hand, the foot brakes work by pushing down the weight on the rear wheel fender. Most people will prefer hand-operated brake brakes for children because they are easy to use, and they will be quicker to operate than the foot rear fender brake, which will slow down gradually.
4. Max Speed Settings
A motorized scooter for kids is for non-professional use is made with a speed limit of about 15 miles per hour. With this speed limit, young riders of eleven years and above will be able to manage it. However, kids younger than that will need an electric motor with a less or lower speed, which has a maximum of 10 miles per hour.
With that in mind, the maximum speed of the motor scooter should be on the situation while ridding. On an inclination road, the scooters' speed will lower, while on a slopy road, it will be at a top speed. The speed will vary greatly depending on the brand.
The battery part of the electric scooters is an important part you will have to consider while purchasing one. Scooter battery, but the quality varies hugely; some motor scooters will be durable and will last longer. The best way way to identify a high-quality battery for electric scooters for kids.
Lithium batteries are considered pricier but will last longer. The fact is that many kids' scooters take a lot of time to charge; they will take up to 12 hours to charge fully. Some of these electric motors are strong and powerful batteries that will take 8-10 hours.
6. Maximum Weight Capacity
The weight capacity of a scooter will be rated by age. However, most electric scooters are designed to withstand heavy riders. You will find models with a rider weight capacity of 200 pounds, and some will have a low weight capacity. It is wise to choose a scooter with high weight because they tend to be designed with high-quality materials compared to the ones with low weight, which are generally lighter and less durable.
Pricing is one of the most important factors to consider while purchasing any product. It is very crucial to stick within your budget without compromising the quality of the electric scooter. Considering that the child is likely o outgrow the kid's scooter faster, it is wise to choose one that will not break your bank. The prices of the best electric scooter for kids are considered to be relatively high and will cost a couple of dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions on Kids Electric Scooters
1. Are Electric Scooters Safe For Children?
The best electric scooters for kids are safe for children because they are designed with suitable features to keep them safe. Many electric scooters have kick-to-start and speed setting features that will turn it on when the child builds up a pace and limit the speed. To boost safety, make sure that the kid has put on protective gear like a helmet while riding the scooter.
2. What age can a child ride a kids' electric scooter?
An electric scooter can go pretty fast; However, many brands have designed scooters with speed control features. The age at which the child is ready to ride an electric scooter safely will mainly depend on the guardians or parents.