Infants love moving and kicking their legs all the time; therefore, why not put that energy to good use by investing in the best baby jumpers? These jumpers will be delightful for babies who love the chance to bounce and jump on their own while their parents go for a break. Furthermore, it will allow them to get some exercise, feel some excitement and get them ready for naptime.
Jumpers are usually a busy parent's close friend. Even though you love cuddling and hugging your babies, you need them so that you can eat, take care of household chores, and even take a break. The baby jumper frees up your hands for a moment and safely keeps your infant-occupied so you can take a breath for a moment. Additionally, it is a great way for your baby to start playing freely.
When shopping for the right jumper for your baby, you will realize that the market is flooded with all types of jumpers. It might be overwhelming, but we got you. We have selected the best choice and rounded up everything you need to know to buy the best one for your baby.
1. Baby Einstein Neptune's Ocean Discovery Jumper
- Dive into discovery with ocean-themed activities in every direction
- Bouncy seat swivels 360° from toy to toy
- 4 height positions are easy to adjust. Recommended for 6 - 12 months
- Electronic sea turtle station is removable
- Introduces numbers and colors in English, Spanish, French
The Baby Einstein Neptune's Ocean Discovery Jumper is a newer upgraded version to the Baby Einstein Musical Motion Jumper. This jumper model is a big space saver, many thanks to its tiny footprint that allows it to keep the baby entertained without occupying the entire nursery room. Furthermore, it enables your baby to explore different languages by discovering numbers in English, French, and Spanish.
Just like the Einstein musical motion activity jumper, this unit is recommended for use on infants who are four months old and above. The seat spins to 360 degrees to allow your baby to access all the toys attached to the jumper. Furthermore, to ensure your baby is safe while jumping and playing on the jumper, every foot comes with a non-skid pad at the bottom, which keeps the unit firmly in place.
This Baby Einstein Jumper is made from plastic, polyester, and metal, which help make it stable and more durable. Although it is a great jumper to have, it comes with a high price tag. Conversely, it is still a great unit if you are looking for the best baby jumper to keep your babies entertained at home.
2. Evenflo Exersaucer Jump & Learn Stationary Jumper
- Extra jump allows baby to exercise legs while being entertained
- Provides baby with secure learn and play environment
- 67 fun learning activities help babies achieve important developmental milestones
- Bounce base gives baby a soft landing pad that promotes stability in early development
- Smart electronic toys interact with one another providing baby with fun lights and sounds in 3 genres of music
If you are looking for the best baby jumpers that will offer secure learning and a safe playing environment to your baby, then count on the Exersaucer Jump and Learn Stationary Jumper from Evenflo. This unit's base is designed to provide your baby a soft landing pad that aids in promoting stability in the early physical development stages of the baby. Additionally, this jumper is equipped with features that allow for spinning, jumping, and rocking capabilities to offer babies several exercises suitable for strengthening the baby's back, neck, and leg muscles.
The seat of this jumper is padded to provide your baby the right support and comfort they require while playing and jumping in the jumper. Also, the Evenflo Exersaucer Jump has a machine-washable seat; if the baby messes up the seat, you can detach it for a quick washing process.
All the plastics used to make this jumper are chemical-free, BPA-free to ensure your infant is safe, and no health risks posed to your baby. The toy options of this unit are amazing, and the construction feels strong and properly made. However, there are some drawbacks that we cannot forget to mention.
The unit has a large footprint and so not a space saver if your infant's nursery is tiny. You also need to monitor your baby since the jumper can flip over any time your baby leans forward, posing a safety hazard to the baby. Additionally, some parents complain of build quality problems.
3. Jolly Jumper, Original Baby Exerciser for Active Babies-Portable Baby Jumper
- ACTIVE BABY – The standing jumper helps infants improve balance, develop coordination and rhythm, as well as strengthens muscles.
- EASY STORAGE – The 6 foot extra tall, sturdy frame requires no tools for assembly and folds flat for easy storage and portability of the Jolly Jumper.
- FREE STANDING – The stand eliminates the need for doorways and allows the baby exerciser to be used indoor or outdoor
- SAFETY & SUPPORT – The saddle seat is designed to firmly support baby's spine, ensuring correct, upright posture during exercise.
- JUMP & PLAY- Watch as your baby bounces up and down with complete freedom of movement. The spring action is ideal for active babies who want more bounce and fun.
If you are looking for the best portable baby jumpers, we recommend the Jolly Jumper-The Original baby exerciser. The jumper allows your baby to achieve high levels of jumps in the safest and fastest way possible thanks to the super stands that offer ultra-bounce through the new premium spring action. The model is designed for jumping actions and nothing more. It doesn't feature any toys or lights either, which would keep your baby engaged, making it simple for any baby to use. Furthermore, no need for tools to assemble it offers a very easy and fast assembly procedure.
This jumper helps your baby improve balance, develop coordination, and strengthening their muscles. With the stand, the jumper is suitable for indoors and outdoors purposes with no doorways needed and therefore saving you the extra costs of buying a separate door frame conversion kit. The saddle makes this jumper exceptional. It is designed to fit your infant very well the same way a second skin, surgical back support, or weight lifters' belt does. Additionally, the jumper provides your baby with healthy and enjoyable exercises. Use it on your baby from three months to walking age with a weight of up to 28 pounds.
If you are not using the Jolly Jumper exerciser, you can easily fold it flat for easy storage. We found this unit a bit hard to put the baby in the harness; however, that is the only main drawback to this Jolly Jumper model. We recommend this baby jumper since it provides aesthetics and movability, making it worth your money. As the baby jumps, they are safe.
4. Summer Pop N' Jump Portable Activity Center
- PORTABLE ACTIVITY CENTER: The Summer Pop ‘N Jump unfolds in seconds so you can keep baby happy at home, or bring it with you anywhere you go.
- ALL-IN-ONE: The space saver portable jumper is designed for indoor and outdoor use and features three levels of height adjustment to grow with baby.
- CANOPY AND TOYS: Play in the shade with Pop ‘N Jump’s removeable canopy! Little ones will love the toys, including a spinner ball, rattle, teether and mirror book.
- EASY CLEANUP: The activity jumper support seat can be easily removed and machine washed, making cleanup a breeze.
- COMPACT FOLD: With an innovative pop and fold design, lightweight Pop ‘N Jump sets up fast and easy and packs up into the included travel bag with shoulder strap.
If you are looking for the best baby jumpers that are easy to carry around, we recommend the Summer Pop N' Jump Portable Activity Center. This lightweight unit weighs about 10 pounds and is very easy to install, unfolding in seconds no tools needed. Additionally, it features a sun canopy made from Ultra Violent protection fabric so you can enjoy playtime outdoors with no worries about the sun.
This activity jumper features toys including a rattle, spinner ball, teether, and mirror book, which your baby will enjoy playing with; however, you can also opt to add more toys of your own. It fits easily into the travel bag included in the package regardless of the smooth profile, plus it can be used for infants 30 inches tall and weighing 25 pounds.
You can easily detach this activity jumper model's support seat for cleaning, making the cleaning process a breeze. Also, with an innovative pop n' fold design, you can have a space-saving activity chair or bring it on the go with you.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Baby Jumper
When shopping, you need to know what to look for on a jumper. We have a list of baby jumper buying guides that will help you make the right decision.
1. Types of Baby Jumpers
There are three main types of jumpers on the market which includes;
- Baby jumper with fixed seat and stands alone type- These jumpers are the most common models. They have a tray and seat that are fixed in position, then that entire assembly is normally suspended by springs or cords of some sort. It is these springs together with small movements that offer big bounces for the baby.
- Baby doorway jumper- This type of baby jumper normally has a harnessed seat system usually attached to a doorway, frame, or even an old swing frame. Also, a doorway jumper is the best baby jumper for saving space and depends on that big spring to get the infant going up and down.
- The stand-alone jumper that comes with a balance element-These types of jumpers get their jump from springs located under the baby's seat, or even from some type of Bosu balance ball thing located under the baby's feet. Although they are harder to find, they are available. Furthermore, they rely on your infant to offer the bounce more than springs.
2. The size of the best baby jumper
Most jumpers are big and compact. You can fit some of these jumpers against a wall, while others need few inches of clearance from the wall. When shopping for a jumper, ensure you consider how much space you have and where your baby jumper will live before you purchase. Read the dimensions first before purchasing, and always read the manufacturer's recommendations for height and weight before buying to ensure that you get a unit that can grow with your infant.
3. Safety of the baby gear
When shopping for a baby jumper, never forget to consider safety. Most doorway jumpers tend to be unsafe. With that in mind, ensure that your baby jumper is well-constructed. It should have strong and safe metals and plastics that are chemical-free and free from harmful substances. Furthermore, it should have a high seat that extends up to your baby's armpits so that they cannot fall out or jump, plus it should be exposed, and no toys should be tiny enough to choke on.
4. The versatility of the baby jumper
The best baby jumpers should be versatile. For instance, the jumper should come with toys that can detach so that your baby can play with them outside the jumper; therefore, you will be getting more value for your money.
Generally, not all jumper seats are made equal. Some of them are created for chunky babies, some for thin ones. Furthermore, not all infant thighs will fit in the same leg holes and won't play if their legs have been pinched or if the seat doesn't have stretch putting a lot of pressure on them.
A nice stretchy material will help your baby stay comfortable since it will correct the seat height adjustment.
6. Attached toys on the baby jumper
When shopping, consider the toys the jumper comes with. Besides, this will be a matter of personal preference. Maybe you like brighter and louder toys than other parents or with different shapes, colors and patterns. However, it is important to ensure that the toy your infants play with has educational value.
Ensure that your best baby jumpers have toys that teach and those that baby can chew on when teething. Too many toys and sounds might overwhelm your baby-making them not want to play. Conversely, not enough toys and sounds might make your baby quickly bored and won't want to play either. So, before buying, use your child as your guide to choosing well.
7. The price of the baby jumper
When shopping, don't let the shiny and loud toys attempt you to pay more money. Since the jumper will not be used by your baby forever, it is good to avoid paying an excessive amount of money.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Baby Jumpers
1. What are the best jumpers for babies?
It will depend on your personal preference since most jumpers come with unique features and at different prices. The best jumper on our list is #1: it is the most conveniently well-reviewed, with many parents praising its engaging activities, comfort, safe set-up, and value for money, though all other models are a great option too.
2. What age should my baby be to use a jumper?
Normally, the safest and right age to introduce jumpers is about 4 to 6 months. However, the exact ages differ from baby to baby; therefore, it is crucial to ensure that your little one can support their head and neck before introducing a jumper.
3. Can a baby jumper result in brain damage?
Some paranoid parents are hesitant to use a baby jumper for fear of Shaken Baby Syndrome. This problem can happen from as little as ten seconds of vigorous shaking and can damage serious damage. Although Shaken Baby is very dangerous, it is not necessarily believed that a jumper seat causes this. Nonetheless, it is important to install your baby jumper seat correctly and observe your baby throughout their exercise sessions.
4. Can a 3-month old baby use a baby jumper?
We understand that it can be tempting to encourage your infant to walk early on; however, three months is too early for most babies. Ensure your baby can support their neck and head before introducing the jumper.