Baby jumpers can be absolute lifesavers when you're a parent. Not only are they able to keep your little one engaged, but they can also let you catch up on a few things here and there.
However, as with everything regarding your little one, it's important to know what to consider and what will be best. The best baby jumper should first and foremost be made of sturdy materials. When it comes to your baby, safety is key.. It's also important to think about your baby's size and weight as this will determine the type of jumper you get. You don't want to get a jumper that can't hold your baby's weight as this can risk harm to them.
We explore choosing the best baby jumper and review our top picks of the best baby jumpers.
What Is A Baby Jumper?
A baby jumper is a seat suspended by springs that supports your baby while they practice standing, jumping, reaching, bouncing, and spinning. It's best suited for babies who have mastered neck control and no longer need assistance keeping their heads up.
There are three types of jumpers you're likely to come across:
Doorway jumpers: These jumpers are fitted to door frames and consist of a seat suspended from straps. Some parents prefer them because they are more adjustable and take up less room, so your little one can use it longer.
Stationary jumpers: They consist of a seat with an elastic cord and a frame. They only provide the baby with jumping capabilities and nothing else. However, these are entertaining since they enable babies to jump higher than the other types of jumpers.
Freestanding jumpers: They double up as activity centers and come with toys, lights, music, and sounds. Many parents tend to prefer these as they can hold the baby's attention and keep them engaged.
We reviewed our top picks of the best baby jumpers that are sure to keep your little one engaged and give you some little time off to get some work done ( or maybe some chores).
Best Baby Jumpers
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- Freestanding baby jumper and activity center with exciting lights, sounds and music that reward your baby's every jump
- 360 degrees of play. Seat spins so your baby can explore a variety of hands-on activity toys including peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, and more
- Grows with baby with 3 adjustable height positions (Max. height 32 in/ 81 cm)
- Sturdy, freestanding frame folds for storage. Plus, fabric spring covers keep little fingers safe
- Soft, comfortable seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe
What makes the Jumperoo the best baby jumper is its combination of being freestanding and an activity center.
The freestanding jumper is packed with so much entertainment you can be sure your little one will have a great time exploring all they have in store. Every time your baby jumps, they're rewarded with exciting lights, sounds, and music. Plus, the Fisher-Price baby jumper also features colorful and attractive rainforest-themed toys that are sure to engage your baby's visual senses and strengthen their motor skills.
The Fisher-Price baby seat can spin 360 degrees and is supported by a steel frame and four pinch-free covered springs. In addition, you can choose from three height adjustments to help you find the right fit for your growing baby.
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is the best baby jumper if looking for a standalone that is sure to keep your baby engaged but is also of great quality. The activity jumper is great for sensory development, and your baby will never lack when it comes to entertainment.
2. Baby Einstein Journey of Discovery Jumper
- Explore the world right from your living room
- Seat rotates 360 degrees for baby to explore
- Adventure and travel-themed activities captivate baby
- Spinning globe plays internationally-inspired music and instrument names
- Adjusts to 4 height positions for growing babies
The Baby Einstein is the best baby jumper if you are looking for sensory toys and audio stimulation that will have your little one bounce excitedly.
The theme is travel and discovery, and the features are designed to introduce your little one to different places and languages. For example, one of the toys is a globe that lights up and plays international music.
The seat rotates 360 degrees allowing for a full exploration. Additionally, the jumper can be adjusted in 4 different positions.
The seat cover is machine washable, while the toy stations can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
3. Skip Hop Baby Activity Center
- Designed in collaboration with a pediatrician, our baby activity center supports a “whole body” approach to play and learning. Our unique Discovery Window lets baby see their feet while they play to learn cause and effect
- Easy to assemble, with toys that can be positioned anywhere for baby, it features a 360-degree rotating seat that turns and stretches for bouncing
- As baby grows, our activity center converts for easy cruising—ultimately becoming a clean, sturdy table for coloring, playing and more
- Three stages of use: Sit, swivel, bounce & play; Cruise & interact; Play table; 25+ developmental activities
- Clip-on toys can be positioned based on baby’s abilities
The baby jumper is designed in collaboration with a pediatrician, allowing your baby to move in a healthy way that's great for your little one.
The Skip Hop baby jumper features a three-stage activity design that allows your baby to have fun while developing their motor skills and higher brain function. The best part is that they are sure to enjoy it as they keep growing.
The Skip Hop baby jumper features a 360 rotating seat that turns and stretches for bouncing. It comes attached with four movable toys with room to attach more and a discovery window.
The window allows the baby to see their feet, and they get to learn the relationship between the movement of their legs and the movement of the jumper. Thus promoting and allowing them to gain a better understanding of spatial awareness.
It's the best baby jumper to capture baby's attention whilst educating them.
The jumper converts into a clean, sturdy table for coloring, playing making it ideal for accommodating when the baby grows.
Lastly, the jumper can be used as a stationary jumper or a cruiser that moves.
4. Jolly Jumper The Original Baby Exerciser
Depending on where you lie regarding doorway jumpers, what's important to know is that your baby's safety will always come first.
The Jolly Jumper considers this, thus making it the best baby jumper as it closely resembles a wearable harness. This means that the doorway jumper is designed to fit closer to the child's body to prevent them from falling from either side.
The Jolly Jumper doorway jumper has an upper weight limit of 28 pounds. It's designed to attach to the door frame and molding. In addition, it's best suited for babies who are 3 months of age as (it's assumed that they can hold their head up with full neck support) to just walking age. The baby seat comes in the form of a deep pouch that allows the baby to sit upright.
The Jolly Jumper Exerciser stores well; hence it's great for people who have space limitations or are looking for a product that's easy to store.
The height is adjustable as all you use is more or fewer chain links. It's important to exercise caution and ensure that the baby doesn't bounce so much to avoid injuring themselves.
5. Summer Infant Pop ‘N Jump
- PORTABLE ACTIVITY CENTER: The Summer Pop ‘N Jump SE unfolds in seconds. This colorful candy-themed activity center will keep baby happy at home and everywhere else you go.
- ALL-IN-ONE: The space saver portable jumper is designed for indoor and outdoor use and features three levels of height adjustment to grow with baby.
- CANOPY AND TOYS: Play in the shade with Pop ‘N Jump SE’s removeable canopy! Little ones will love the toys, including a spinner ball, rattle, teether and mirror book.
- EASY CLEANUP: The activity jumper support seat can be easily removed and machine washed, making cleanup a breeze.
- COMPACT FOLD: With an innovative pop and fold design, lightweight Pop ‘N Jump SE sets up fast and easy and packs up into the included travel bag with shoulder strap.
When traveling with a baby, the challenge is always figuring out what not to carry because everything feels essential.
The Summer Infant Pop 'N Jump is perfect for going on vacation, taking them to Grandma's house, or even a day out at the park.
Not only is it the best portable baby jumper, but it also doubles up as the best travel baby jumper. The activity jumper folds compactly and comes with a carry bag making it an easy ready pack and go. In addition, it collapses easily, plus the travel comes with a shoulder strap so you can carry the baby on one side and sling the bag across your body.
The Summer Pop portable baby jumper can adjust to three different and has a UV sunshade which is great for when that summer sun comes out to say hi.
Lastly, the Summer Pop portable jumper also comes with built-in fun toys, including a rattle, teether, spinner ball, and a mirrored book.
Your little one is sure to enjoy their day out and stay engaged when needed.
Features To Consider When Buying Buying Best Baby Jumper
a) Weight Limit
Baby jumpers have recommended weight limits that vary from model to model. Hence, when searching for the best baby jumper, choosing what's suitable for your baby's weight is ideal. It's important to ensure that your little's one's weight is not more than the jumper's weight support limit, as failure to adhere to this can result in the jumper breaking and causing injury to your baby.
b) Type of Seat
While searching for the best baby jumper, you're likely to notice that they feature different seats. Hence it's key to know what features to look for:
- Removable and washable seats: Washable seats make dealing with any accidents easier, e.g., diaper explosions. These seats can either be thrown in the wash or feature a plastic exterior that can be wiped down and sanitized when necessary.
- Seats with height adjustment features: The best baby jumper seat should accommodate both tall and short babies.
- Seats adorned with plush padding for additional comfort: Comfort is key when it comes to seating. You're looking to avoid your baby crying because they don't like the jumper and can't find a comfortable spot. It's worth noting that your baby is likely not to play if the seat doesn't stretch and also puts a lot of pressure on them.
- Rotation Ability of Seat: The best baby jumper seat should allow the baby to access toys from any side for stationary jumpers.
c) Toys and Activities
When shopping for the best baby jumpers, this comes down to personal preference.
Toys and Activities are a great way to hold your baby's attention and keep them busy. This allows you to keep a watchful eye on them while you're busy getting on with other activities.
Most toys include animal characters, bright colors, shapes, patterns, music, and sounds to entertain the baby. Something to note is that too many toys and sounds can overwhelm your baby, and they won't want to play. At the same time, not enough toys and sounds can result in them feeling bored and not wanting to play. The key is finding a balance and observing your child to know what works for them.
d) Size and Storage
While shopping for the best baby jumpers, size and storage is something to consider as this is gear that you won't be using all the time. Hence, it's important to keep in mind where you'll store it once your child has outgrown it when buying it. If you don't have sufficient space for storing the jumper, you should consider buying one that can easily be dismantled into smaller pieces for easy storage and portability.
There's also the option of having a jumper that can fold completely and store under a bed or in a closet.
Growth is constant; hence when searching for the best baby jumpers, you'll want one that accommodates and ensures that your baby is lifted at a safe and comfortable height as they're growing.
Some of the best jumpers come with height adjustment features allowing you to ensure that your little one's feet are optimally positioned on the floor for proper development.
f) Doorway or Freestanding Jumper
If you live in a small space, a doorway jumper might be a great choice; however, one should meet all the safety requirements when attaching them. In addition, doorway jumpers aren't always compatible with all doorways, so it's best to consider your doorway first before buying the jumper. Lastly, you'll continually have to move it out of the way to get through or constantly take it down and put it up. A freestanding jumper is easier to move from place to place and has much more activities for your child to engage in, but it will take up much more room.
When shopping for the best baby jumpers, it's recommended to steer clear of seats supported by a single elastic strap. This makes the jumper swing left and right, which can be dangerous for your baby.
The best baby jumpers should be supported by two or more elastic straps that ensure that your baby is held securely as they jump up and down.
Your baby's safety will always come first; hence while searching for the best baby jumper, ensure that they are well constructed. Read reviews to know what other customers say about the durability of the baby jumper. The best baby jumper should be sturdy, and the toys shouldn't be small enough to choke on.