When it comes to keeping your baby clean and safe, the typical products you use for the entire household could be too harsh to use. This is because babies are more delicate and require a more thoughtful approach when handling their laundry. Fortunately, you can safely wash your baby's clothes with the best baby detergent.
This post explores the safest laundry detergents for babies and the factors that should guide your decision.
Let's get started!
1. Puracy Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Clean clothes, less waste: you can now have clean laundry and reduce Waste (less plastic, water, and energy; accurate dosing) using safe, plant-powered ingredients
- Proven performance: best liquid detergent on Amazon, based on customer review rating
- Created by doctors: for sensitive skin & Allergy sufferers. No sulfates (SLS, SLES, SCS), or bleach
- Safe & Effective Plant-Powered Formula: Use on delicate & Dark clothing, microfiber towels, cloth diapers, septic & greywater systems
- No harsh chemicals: no phosphates, sulfates, petrochemicals, animal by-products, chlorine, perfumes, gluten, tree nut-based ingredients, dyes, allergens
The first item on our list of the best baby laundry detergents is the Puracy Natural Liquid Detergent, a concentrated baby laundry detergent that you can use to clean your baby's clothes. It's made using powerful plant-based enzymes that are effective at eliminating tough stains without hassle.
You won't need the entire bottle to clean the dirty laundry since only a quarter ounce is enough to handle an entire load to reduce wastage. In addition, this hypoallergenic laundry detergent is specially designed to be safe and gentle for your baby's sensitive skin. You can rest assured that there aren't any irritants in the formula that will cause any reactions to your baby's skin.
While this all-natural laundry detergent packs a powerful punch, you don't have to worry about it harming the color or integrity of delicate laundry like cloth diapers since it's dye-free, fragrance-free, and bleach-free. Plus, if you are an environmental enthusiast, you should know that this product is cruelty-free, which means it's not tested on animals and doesn't use any harsh chemicals.
2. Mama Bear Gentle Baby Laundry Detergent
- Two 40-fluid ounce bottles of gentle baby laundry detergent
- Our 4x concentrated formula is a smart product choice at just $0.22 per load
- Specially formulated for baby laundry with powerful stain-fighting enzymes to help fight stains
- Gentle on sensitive skin; Free of phthalates, dyes, and fragrance
- Cruelty free, never tested on animals
The next best baby detergent is this Mama Bear Gentle Baby Laundry Detergent, featuring a concentrated formula that requires only a little amount to clear out stubborn stains. This baby detergent is designed with your baby's sensitive skin in mind, which is why it's gentle enough to clean without causing any irritation.
The contents of this small bottle have been certified by the USDA, which guarantees that it'll leave cloth diapers and another laundry comfortable to wear for your baby. You don't have to worry about scents, phthalates, or dyes since this cruelty-free product is made with natural ingredients.
Plus, the satisfaction guarantee that comes with this baby laundry detergent allows you to return it within a year of purchase if you are dissatisfied with the item. As such, you can rest easy that Mama Bear stands behind their products which ascertains their quality and customer-centric service.
Whether you want to eliminate mild food stains or waste stains, this product is the best baby laundry detergent for its price.
3. All Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Specially formulated to be gentle on your baby's skin, this fragrance free laundry detergent keeps your baby's bedding, soft toys, and clothing clean
- Wash out tough baby stains with Stainlifters for concentrated cleaning power and without dyes that irritate sensitive skin
- Leave your baby's clothes smelling fresh after a wash with this lightly scented laundry detergent
- Safe to use in any washing machine and at any water temperature
- This package includes one 75-fluid-ounce bottle of all baby 2X concentrated liquid laundry detergent, enough for 100 loads
Another laundry detergent best for baby's clothes and beddings is the All Liquid Laundry Detergent. It's specially designed to be tough on stains while staying gentle enough for extra sensitive skin. The formula is environmentally friendly and is free of dyes and dangerous chemicals like sodium Laureth sulfate.
This hypoallergenic detergent is meant to keep your baby's bedding, soft toys, and clothes clean and safe to touch. So, you can rest assured that you won't be placing your little one's well-being in jeopardy when using this baby detergent.
It's an easy-to-use formula that you can pout into your washing machine during a standard cleaning. One bottle of this detergent should last about four months of consistent use, which can ensure you don't have to run to the store every so often. Plus, you can use it in high-efficiency washing machines at any water temperature without any trouble.
This slightly scented baby detergent will ensure your baby's clothes smell nice without reaching a potent level that can trigger allergies or cause irritation.
4. Molly's Suds Laundry Powder
- STRONG, SAFE, SUSTAINABLE: Made with 5 stain fighting natural ingredients safe for the planet and safe for your family. 1 tablespoon sized scoop of Original Laundry Powder deep cleans and gently deodorizes 1 load of clothes. Gentle for sensitive skin, the environment, and most fabrics excluding silk and leather
- SMART STAIN PREP: Get stains out for good with our concentrated laundry detergent free of artificial scents. Always check for stains before laundering; treat fabric within 24 hours; read and follow laundry care labels; blot stains with a clean napkin or rag; rinse from the inside out; make a paste from the laundry powder; use the right water temperature; then launder as usual
- SAFE FOR ALL WASHERS: Standard, commercial, and HE washing machines clean clothes best with sustainable cleaning products like our Original Laundry Powder. Uses only a few simple ingredients and minimal suds for a safe detergent that launders garments naturally and effectively. Eliminates buildup left behind in clothing fibers from prior washing powders
- FOR MOTHERS EVERYWHERE: From Mother Earth to our family to your family. Made in the USA with plant and earth-based ingredients that are peanut free, vegan, and certified cruelty-free that leave no residue and rinse clean. Septic and grey water safe, soil tested. Available unscented or lightly scented so clothes smell fresh. Safe for all mothers, babies, people, skin sensitivities, and planet for cleaning power with compassion
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: One 80.25 oz bag of Laundry Powder with one measuring scoop. Our sustainable detergent is capable of deep cleaning 120 loads of laundry. Free of harsh synthetic fragrances, dyes, and other harmful additives. Dissolve 1 measuring scoop in warm or hot water for each load of laundry to power through dirt and grime
The fourth-best baby detergent on the market is the Molly's Suds Original Laundry Detergent Powder, a great choice for anyone with highly sensitive skin. This plant-based detergent uses only five ingredients that are carefully selected to avoid irritation and skin discomfort. As such, it's one of the best baby detergents you can buy.
Additionally, you can safely use it for various fabrics and cloth diapers without the risk of fading or weakening the fibers. Unfortunately, this product isn't safe for silk and leather clothes, limiting its use on baby clothes.
For the best use of this detergent, you'll want to pre-treat stains by applying some of the powder on the stain and brushing it in to ensure it gets the dirt out during cleaning. Plus, some people consider it the best baby laundry detergent because it won't damage the sensors of your High-Efficiency washer when you machine wash your baby's laundry.
Rest assured, if you want a natural and powerful baby laundry detergent, the Molly's Suds Original Laundry detergent powder is the way to go.
5. Seventh Generation Free and Clear Laundry Detergent
- Seventh Generation Free & Clear Concentrated Laundry Detergent Fragrance-Free has a powerful triple-enzyme formula fights tough stains
- Free & Clear hypoallergenic laundry detergent made for sensitive skin
- A laundry detergent that is EPA Safer Choice Certified and designed with safety in mind
- Concentrated detergent washes 53 medium loads in high-efficiency (HE detergent) or standard machine
- USDA Certified 96 percent Biobased laundry detergent liquid made with plant-based ingredients
Next, we have the Seventh Generation Concentrated Liquid Laundry Detergent, which will transform your baby's dirty laundry into clean and comfortable clothes. The formula is based on three enzymes that can tackle stubborn stains without bleach, dyes, or scents.
It can remove all types of stains without the hassle and is dermatologist tested, which means that you can safely use it for babies with sensitive skin. In addition, it meets the requirements of EPA safer choice products which certifies that it's a reliable and legitimate option.
Since less water was used to formulate this baby laundry detergent, it's strong enough to deliver optimal cleaning power to keep your little one's clothes clean. Plus, it's a cruelty-free product that doesn't rely on animal testing or animal-based ingredients to work.
Whether you are using a high-efficiency or standard washing machine, this laundry detergent is the perfect solution.
6. Charlie's Soap Laundry Liquid Detergent
This next pick isn't just the best laundry detergent for your baby but also for your whole family. The Charlie's Soap Laundry Liquid is a baby-safe detergent strong enough to lift the resilient smells, stains, and residue to give you soft clean baby clothes.
It's ideal for newborn babies, thanks to the hypoallergenic formula, which doesn't contain any harsh chemicals. As a result, washing the baby's laundry with this detergent won't cause any harmful side effects like skin irritation after putting the clothes back on your young one.
Additionally, it's fragrance-free, which means you won't hear your baby sneezing from a strong scent since it doesn't have any. The naturally derived ingredients in this laundry detergent are safe for baby clothes and cloth diapers since they can seep deep into the fibers to rid out stains.
The bottle only contains four powerful ingredients to handle your requirements and give you soft clean clothes that are cozy to your baby's skin. Plus, this product is eco-friendly and EPA certified, making it great for the environment and septic systems.
7. Rockin' Green Hard Rock Laundry Detergent Powder
- Formulated For Hard Water - Get rid of tough stains on stinky clothes with Rockin' Green Hard Rock Laundry Powder, an all-natural laundry soap powder that works best in hard water with high mineral content. It eliminates dirt and prevents residues and mineral deposits, while maintaining the quality of your fabric. No need for water softeners.
- Plant-Powered Ingredients - Dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic, our laundry detergent is made with plant-derived ingredients so it's safe even for babies. Unscented, all-natural and ideal for all fabrics, it uses an enzyme-free formula that’s great for delicate clothes and gentle on sensitive skin.
- Suitable for All Washing Machines - More than just a detergent, this washing machine powder can be used as a pre-soak. Our 45-oz laundry detergent box cleans approximately 90 loads! Just add 1 scoop and run your usual wash cycle. Or add an extra scoop to deep clean. It works really well as an active wear detergent, sport laundry detergent & cloth diaper detergent.
- Cleaner Clothes, Cleaner Planet - Live a cleaner, greener lifestyle with our 100% biodegradable laundry detergent. Free of bleach, dyes, parabens, phosphates, phthalates, SLS/SLES, optical brighteners, and artificial fragrances, Rockin' Green cleaning products are vegan and cruelty-free.
- Rock the Green Lifestyle - We are on a mission to create economical, hardworking and biodegradable cleaning products to meet the demands of every family. We’d love for you to join the Rockin’ Green movement and enjoy safe and reliable products! If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact our customer support and we'll get back to you within 48 hours.
Lastly, we have the Rockin' Green Detergent Powder, the best baby detergent because of its natural unscented formulation, making it a suitable choice for baby clothes. It's also a great choice thanks to its hypoallergenic properties, which ensure no allergies are triggered by the smell or ingredients in the pack.
You won't notice any smells or fragrances on this formula to ensure your baby doesn't have to endure any strong smells that can cause discomfort. The potency of this baby laundry detergent will take care of any stains that have ruined your baby's nice clothes without requiring additional effort on your part.
When it comes to caring for your baby's skin, you're better off with plant-based detergents, which is why this cleaner is a decent choice. Whether you want to clean diapers or the laundry of the whole family, the Rockin' Green Hard Rock powder detergent will do it for you.
Also, this environmental-friendly detergent is made free from animal testing and chemical ingredients. As a result, it's a safe option for everyone looking to make the world a little better.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Baby Laundry Detergents
1. Types of Laundry Detergents
There are three primary forms that baby laundry detergents can take; liquid, powder, or pod.
- Liquid Laundry Detergents
These detergents are in a liquid state, and they easily dissolve in different water temperatures without any trouble. They are suitable for a high-efficiency washing machine or standard washer. The crucial part of using a liquid detergent is measuring the right amount since too much can leave a residue on the laundry.
- Powdered Detergents
These baby laundry detergents don't mix well with cold water and will only be effective in warm or hot water. Nevertheless, they can eliminate stains well, even if they can't dissolve quickly. They are more affordable and can last longer compared to liquid detergents.
- Pod Detergents
These come in a single dose, which makes them powerful and effective at stain removal. Unfortunately, they are quite expensive and could require more than one pack to eliminate stubborn stains. Also, since the packs are wrapped in paper, they could appear to be candy to kids, which is why they should be stored safely.
When selecting the best baby detergent, you'll want to consider the ingredients used to make the formula. The most preferred options are the ones made from natural ingredients that can eliminate stains without causing harm to the sensitive skin of your baby.
This means you should look for hypoallergenic laundry detergents designed to be safe for people with various allergies. Since your baby's skin is naturally delicate, you don't want to use a product with harsh chemicals that can lead to irritation.
Another thing to keep in mind is the scent that comes with the laundry detergent. These days, most laundry cleaning products on the market are scented, which isn't great for babies. A strong scent can be overwhelming for your baby, which is why you should go with detergents that are fragrance-free.
However, if you are fixed on taking a scented detergent, you should choose one with a mild scent that won't trigger any allergies. If you notice your baby reacting negatively to the scent of a detergent, you should seek professional medical advice.
Lastly, you should think about whether you want a laundry detergent with dyes or not. Ideally, you should go for a dye-free option since you wouldn't want the detergent to change the color of your baby's clothes. But, on the other hand, if you use dyed detergents without being keen, you could end up destroying all the colorfast clothes you'd bought for your child.
Additionally, dyes can hurt a baby's skin which is why it's best to go with a dye-free detergent.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which detergent is best for baby clothes?
The Puracy Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent is the best baby detergent you can buy.
2. Is Dreft detergent safe for babies?
Yes, Dreft detergents are formulated to be hypoallergenic for the baby's skin and gentle on delicate clothes.
3. Is all baby detergent good?
Yes, All has developed various detergents suitable for cleaning baby's clothes with minimum risk of allergic reactions.